Monday, September 21, 2015

Gift

I wanted to make a gift for a sibling of a glass mosaic.  So I thought about what she loves.  She loves her kids.  People are too difficult to depict in glass.  She loves golden retrievers.  Again, I think they're too difficult for me to do in glass.  She put a lot of money into her house so she must love that.  I googled mapped her house.  You can choose satellite view.   From there you can choose the view from the street.  I did that and spun around in circles until I got just the right view.  I too a screen shot of that and pasted it into the Paint program.  I cropped that until I had just the house.  I inserted that picture into a word document and enlarged it to fill the page.  I printed that and took it to the copier and enlarged it to 130% so it would fit into a 8x10 frame.

This picture doesn't show it but there is a huge contrast between the windows and the house siding.  I didn't have any blue glass so I bought blue marbles.  The marbles had blue color on only one side so I carefully cut the marbles in half and threw away the clear halves.  But when I put the sanded grout on it rubbed off most of the blue of the marbles.  It appears she has a see through roof.  Wouldn't that be weird.  There is a hint of blue though so it will have to do.  I hope she likes it.  Shoot, I hope she recognizes it as her house!

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...