Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Hilarious

 
This week is direct support professionals week - a week to honor those who work directly for those of us with developmental disabilities.  In honor of that week we have a theme every day.  Monday's theme was "dress alike."  I couldn't find anyone who wears the same clothes as I do so I didn't participate.  Today was "hat day."  I forgot about it until I walked into work and a coworker asked if I had a hat.  Being the sun sensitive person that I am I said I had two hats in my car.  One was a North Face khaki sun hat and the other hat was a ball cap style hat with a turkey on the front and the words Crex Meadows on the back. I brought in my hats. She chose the sun hat so I had the turkey hat.  But I can't wear a hat all day unless to protect me from the sun.  I'm just not a hat person.  I have a new coworker and she works close to me.  She has only been working with us about 3 weeks but she took hat day to heart.  She wore a furry black hat with two white horns coming out of the sides.  She wore it for one of those Warrior Dashes.  It looks like a Viking's hat but not purple and gold.  And all day she wore it at the front desk.  When I looked up at her over the cubicle all I could see was a black dome and the points of two white horns.  From where I sat we seemed to have a buffalo answering the phones.  Every time I looked at her I had to smile.  And she wore this hat proudly all day long. I thought it was hysterical.  We had no signs up proclaiming "Hat day."  Visitors to our office had no idea why our receptionist was wearing a furry hat with horns.  And she, and I give her a lot of credit for this, greeted every one of them with a straight face.  Some of our visitors gave her a strange look but didn't say anything.  Others smiled and said, "Nice hat."  Fewer people asked her why she was wearing a Viking hat.  She totally enjoyed her hat and her self assurance totally draws my admiration.  Tomorrow is "dress wacky" day.  I have my outfit all picked out.  I recently splurged on a blue and white  1950's style dress.  I'm wearing that with red shoes and I hope to find  a red ribbon for my hair.  

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...