Thursday, September 3, 2015

Two Brown Eggs

This morning I went out to give my remaining chicken, Ms. R. Crusoe, some cold fresh water before the hot day began.  Inside the coop I found a fresh egg.  This afternoon, after using a fork to make a spaghetti squash dinner, I brought the same Ms. R. Crusoe the squash rind to peck at.  Inside the coop was another brown egg.  Two brown eggs in the same day from the same chicken?  To me this means the demise of her sister last week didn't traumatize her.  Maybe I am reading too much into the situation but I can't imagine a witness to a brutal murder could lay two eggs in a single day the next week.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...