Monday, January 11, 2016

So Cold

It is so cold out today my face hurts when I go outside, so cold the egg in the coop freezes and cracks before I can harvest it, so cold my mind jumps off track in a meeting to think, "Oh crap! Did I open the door to the well room so my water pump doesn't freeze?"  PS No, I didn't but I did now.  But I'm not gonna focus on how cold it is.  I will focus instead on a warm summer day I had several years ago where I was sweating through my clothes.  Sweat was running down my forehead and I had to drink extra water to stay hydrated.  The sun was shining down warm on my head.  The grass was green.  The birds were singing.  The clouds in the sky were white and puffy.  We rented a four person bicycle with fringe on the top and pedaled a few miles on the Lanesboro bicycle trail.  We enjoyed that hot summer day to the absolute fullest.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...