Sunday, May 6, 2018

Holy Suds Batman!

After kayaking yesterday I went to the gym for a swim.  My bathing suit felt slimy when I took it out of my gym bag. I looked into the bag and discovered my nearly full bottle of Suave Ocean Breeze shampoo was now only one third full.  Two thirds of a bottle of shampoo was now outside of the  bottle yet inside my gym bag. Holy suds, Batman.  I took everything out of my gym bag and rinsed them off in the sink.  The gym has quite a few hand sinks. I used one to rinse off my stuff and I used another one to rinse out the bag itself. Suds rose in both sinks.  The more I tried to get rid of the suds the higher they rose.  Now I had two sinks full of suds.  The suds were so high they rose eight inches above the top of the counter top.  I had so many bubbles! The harder I tried the more suds I had. There was a garbage can there for paper towels so I started taking hand fulls of suds and throwing them in the trash. Another woman came by to wash her hands. She says to me, "You got a lot of suds there."  I tell her if she ever wants suds she should buy Suave Ocean Breeze shampoo.  I also tell I have the cleanest gym bag ever. Eventually the level of suds is reduced to a manageable level. I take my things and put them in a locker.  I hang my gym bag on a peg to dry. I clean up both sinks and the counter top as best I can with paper towels. I  put on my wet swim suit. Is there anything worse than putting on a wet swim suit? I hate putting on a wet swim suit. I enter the pool and start swimming.  I look behind me to see if a trail of suds is following me but I see no suds.  I start swimming and after two laps all my sudsy problems have dissolved. I wish all problems were as easy to resolve as shampoo spills.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...