Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Random High Praise

About a year ago I was at a grocery store.  We were shopping for food at the NEX - a store designed for Navy families and other people on the Navy base.  I was trying to distract a two year old while her very pregnant mother picked out fresh fruits and vegetables.  A man in scrubs walked by with his own cart.  He introduced himself as the doc who would deliver my second grandgirl.  As he walked off he looked over the grocery cart and remarked, "I wish all my patients would select food like you do."  Wow, I thought to myself, that is high praise indeed.  Last Saturday I heard high praise again. I was at a graduation ceremony at Augsburg. Offspring #2 was getting a master degree in leadership.  My niece and I went to the reception to have a cookie and a cup of lemon flavored water.  A socially awkward professor, in a robe and a hood asked Offspring #2 if she was planning to get a PhD.  She said she didn't know yet. He said, "You got the chops for it.  You certainly got the chops for it."  Wow, high praise again!  Random high praise is very meaningful.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...