Wednesday, May 9, 2018

The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry

My book club read Gabrielle Zevin's book The Storied Life of A. J. Fikry.  I had never heard the word storied before.  Store, stores, stored, stories were all familiar to me but not storied. I guess storied means legendary.  A. J. is a book seller.  He comes across as grumpy and judgmental but events happen in his life that soften his edges.  The novel had quite a few surprises and all the loose ends were tied up nicely in the end.  After our book club has read some books about difficult topics lately, this book was a nice change of pace.  Everyone in the meeting liked it.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...