Friday, May 18, 2018

Ripley Believe It Or Not

Today I got a guided tour of Camp Ripley.  Believe it or not I got a good long look at a red headed woodpecker sitting still and another good look at one flying.  Believe it or not I saw a Promontory warbler.  Believe it or not I saw a common yellow throat warbler.  Believe it or not I saw a bear.  No, don't believe that. I did not see a bear.  Believe it or not I heard guns firing. Believe it or not I saw a ferry where tanks are floated across the Mississippi.  Believe it or not this area of Minnesota has a high concentration of wood ticks that carry Lyme disease. The prevalence of the spirochetes is so high the Center for Disease Control comes here to collect samples. Believe it or not I saw a slew of Blandings turtles.  You can for sure believe this - I had a good time looking around Camp Ripley.

2 comments:

PCRalph said...

The CDC comes to collect samples!!!????!!!

Sue said...

That is what I was told!

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...