Thursday, April 11, 2019

Aprils Fool

This book by Jess Lourey is the last in a series of mysteries set in Battle Lake, Minnesota. I didn't even think about the name until someone at work laughed and said, "You are reading April Fools on April Fools Day." The author does a great job describing the city of Battle Lake and the interesting people who live there.  Because it is a mystery, however, there is crime and violence and attempted murder which is not my cup of tea.  I liked the writing and I liked the book but I did not like the violence.  I finished this book on Monday and Tuesday morning, right before the alarm went off, I had a bad dream that a man was in my bedroom and pointed a gun at my abdomen. That is a terrible way to wake up.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...