Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Bednob and Broomstick

My book club chose a young adult book by Mary Norton called Bedknob and Broomstick. I read it in February.  Back in February I was commuting to work on icy highways in stop and go traffic and many times I wished I could just twist the knob on my bed to get where I wanted to go. To prepare for this meeting I also watched the movie which is nothing like the book at all. The old movie, starring Angela Lansbury, totally "Disneyfied" the book. The book is a charming story and the movie is a charming story. The book and the movie are not the same story except there is a bed and 3 children in both. This story made me think about where I would go if I had a magical bed that could take me to a time in the past or in the future or anywhere on this planet. Where would you go if you had the chance?

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...