Wednesday, April 3, 2019

The Alice Network

One of the people in my book club suggested we read The Alice Network by Kate Quinn but we chose another one.  I was intrigued by the one paragraph description of the story so I borrowed this one from the library. I am so grateful I nabbed this book because it was a mesmerizing drama. Both of the main characters are women. One is Eve who was a spy in World War One. The other is Charlie, a college student who is good at math but in trouble because she is pregnant and unmarried. When Eve and Charlie meet the dislike between the two women is passionate and mutual. Little do they know how much of their lives will intertwine.  The author did a great job describing the characters and the scenery. The conclusion is climatic. This was a great book to read.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...