Friday, April 19, 2019

Lisette's List

Susan Vreeland wrote the book, Clara and Mr. Tiffany.  I liked that book so I read Lisette's List too.  Actually someone in my book club offered this book but the group didn't select it. This book is an historical fiction.  Lisette starts out as a young bride.  At age 20 she and her husband leave Paris for a small town in the south of France because of the German threats in 1939. Lisette loves Paris. She loves the art museums, the cafe's and the nightclubs of Paris. She has a possible apprenticeship to an art gallery in Paris. She can't understand why her husband, also in the art business, wants to leave Paris for a small town. Once in the town she meets a man, Pascal, who mined ochre and sold paints to Picasso , Ceyzanne and Chagall. Pascal advises her to keep a list and do the important things first.  As Lisette adjusts to small town life and all the changes that come with war, she does keep a list of the important things. This story reminded me to focus on the pleasant moments and the beauty of life that surrounds me if only I take a moment to notice.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...