Monday, April 22, 2019

Life Is About Balance

On Sunday afternoon I had a lot of catching up to do around the house. There is never any shortage of things to do around the house. But I remembered reading about Aristotle on my trip to Greece. Aristotle said life is all about keeping a balance. So because of Aristotle I stopped my chores, went out the garage, unhooked the battery tender from the battery on the motorcycle, and inserted the key. I sat on the bike and pushed the starter button.  Nothing happened.  I moved it forward a foot and tried again. Nothing. I made sure the kill button was off. Nothing. Shucks!  With the battery tender on you would think I would have some juice in this battery.  I got off the bike and examined the gas knob.  The gas was open. I examined the key. Oh, right. Duh. Inserting the key is not enough. I have to turn the key to the on position.  I turned the key to on and tried again. After a few tries the motorcycle started up! Woop! Woop! I quickly put down the kickstand and got off so I could open the garage door before I was overcome by carbon monoxide. That is was when I realized I was dressed only in a tank top ,boxer shorts and slippers. I ran in the house and left the bike running. I donned my farmer jeans, my motorcycle jacket, some boots, and my helmet. The bike was still running. Normally I don't ride until my street has been swept of sand.  My street has not been swept of sand yet so I drove slowly and carefully around my neighborhood.  As I circled each block multiple times I reflected on how much this neighborhood has changed in the past 27 years. After four miles I put the bike back into the garage. A successful first trip had occurred and I was very pleased. Now, according to Aristotle, it was time to go back to do more work in the house. Like a good philosophy student, that is what I did.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...