Monday, December 23, 2019

Always A Critic

Today at work a coworker came to my office to talk about  my picture. I don't have a lot of art but I like this portrait of a girl on a wooden stool. I like her shoes and her eyes and her posture and the pensive look on her little face. I tend to like pictures with faces in them. This coworker did not appreciate this picture at all. He thought he could not stand to have this picture around because it would (in his words) steal his soul. Offspring #2 never liked this picture either. She would ask me to turn it to the wall when she had sleep over parties. Decades ago the local libraries would rent out art. This was a piece of art sold by the library when they ended the art rental program. I bought it. The frame is scuffed and worn which only adds to the attraction in my eyes. So basically he came to my office to bash my choice in art. Knowing him the art he has on his walls probably features hockey players and baseball players. I am very fond of my girl in the picture. This is one piece of art I plan to keep.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...