Friday, December 27, 2019

Pears, Bananas, Oranges, Apples

I am getting ready to leave this house. I am putting my stuff into boxes and making it ready for the next family. I hope the next family has children. I raised my kids here and we did pretty well. Under the kitchen cabinet to the left of the kitchen sink is where my kids put their fruit stickers. The grocery store employees put an oval sticker on all the fruit. When my offspring ate apples, bananas, pears and oranges they took the sticker off, rinsed the fruit at the sink, and stuck the sticker under the kitchen cupboard next to the sink. Being taller, I noticed this years later because I don't look under the kitchen cupboards. When I did notice it I pulled the stickers off and asked the kids to put their fruit stickers in the trash or on something that would eventually end up in the trash. By then the bad habit had been fully established. More fruit stickers ended up under the kitchen cupboard. This evening I cleaned the fruit stickers off again. I have yet to meet the new owners. I hope they have children. A part of me wishes those new kids put their fruit stickers in the same place.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...