Tuesday, December 3, 2019

Steal The North

I read a hard cover copy of Heather Brittain Bergstrom's book Steal The North.  I like being read to but I also like holding a book in my hands as I relax before going to sleep at night. This story is set in Sacramento and north central Washington state. Each chapter has the voice of a different character including 17 year old Emmy, 17 year old Reuben, Emmy's mother, Emmy's step-father, Reuben's aunt, and Emmy's uncle. Out of all the characters I think Reuben has his head on the straightest. Given his circumstances he is resilient and strong and follows his moral compass. I enjoyed this book because of the heart felt emotions it invoked in me.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...