Thursday, December 12, 2019

Lost Roses

Martha Hall Kelly wrote Lilac Girls which I read last year and enjoyed very much. Lilac Girls is about women during world war two including Caroline Ferriday. Lost Roses is about women during World war one including Caroline Ferriday's mother, Eliza Ferriday. Lost Roses is a prequel to Lilac Girls. Historical fiction has always been interesting to my. This story is set in Saint Petersburg, Russia, and Paris, France, and the Hamptons on Long Island in New York.  Eliza is friends with Sofya. Sofya meets Eliza's family in the Hamptons and Eliza meets Sofya's family in Saint Petersburg. Sofya is a cousin of the Russian royalty. Both women are born into privilege. The war impacts both families but the women remain strong. My only complaint about this book was that the ending was a little over the top obvious pulling at my heart strings. Other than that I thought it was an excellent read.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...