Monday, December 16, 2019

Busy Hands Are Happy Hands

Offspring #2 brought me two skeins of orange alpaca yarn from Peru when she went there a few years ago. The yarn was soft and beautiful and I never knew what to do with it. This fall I got the idea to make a needlepoint pillow out of it to send to my family in Japan. I needlepointed a long time on the orange side. I wanted to make a border of waves. My intention was that every wave be identical. Not every wave is identical because I made mistakes. I figure that is okay because not all waves in the sea are identical anyway. The back side went quicker because the stitches were bigger. I have been sewing on this project for a couple months. On Sunday morning both sides were done so I inserted a bed pillow and sewed the sides together. After a couple of hours of sewing the pillow was done. Now I need to find a new project to keep my hands busy. 

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...