Sunday, December 8, 2019

End Of An Era

In 2009 I decided to get some chickens. Today the last chicken left the property. My plan was both of the final chickens would leave on Saturday but this cuckoo maran, pictured here, saw her sister get put in a cardboard box and decided to fly the coop. She spent Saturday wandering around the yard. At 4 in the afternoon she decided she would like to go back to the coop so I put her in. Today she was put in the same box and taken to live with her sister is Zimmerman. Over the years I have had many chickens and many chicken adventures. I have enjoyed raising chickens and collecting eggs but now I want to simplify my life. I want to be free to travel. Chickens don't take much work but they do need daily attention. I am glad I decided to get the chickens. The chickens have kept me busy and entertained. There is a certain status you have when you raise chickens. People think of you differently once they know you take care of chickens. All that is gone now. Today marks the end of a decade long, chicken raising, era.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...