Monday, April 6, 2020

Bertha's

I signed up for a community garden. The home I am renting has no space for one so I had to go elsewhere. I can't go all summer without gardening, can I? I hoped to get a space in the community garden just a few blocks from here but that was all booked up. Instead I got a half size plot at Bertha's garden which is 1.2 miles west of my house. I can walk there once gardening season starts. Now I can start thinking about what to plant. Tomatoes and peppers for sure. I wonder if sunflowers would make it. This garden plot is in an urban area but I see deer tracks around my house. I think I will give sunflowers a try. I so love sunflowers but so did the deer who lived in my yard. Year after year I planted sunflowers only to find the tops chewed off and nothing left but a row of sticks.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...