Monday, April 20, 2020

The Perfect World of Miwako Sumida

Clarissa Goenawan wrote this novel about a group of college aged friends living in Japan. The story is told by Ryusei, his older sister Fumi, and another friend Chie. The story is about Miwako. Ryusei and Miwako are friends. Ryusei would like to be more than friends but Miwako holds him at a distance. He has secrets from his past and so does she. Keeping secrets is not healthy for either of them. The character development in this story was great. I also enjoyed reading about the food, the stores, and the parks in Japan. When Ryusei and Miwako go into a small noodle restaurant I can picture it exactly because last year I went to Japan and ate in a small noodle restaurant. I enjoyed this novel very much.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...