Saturday, April 4, 2020

Everybody's Fool

I picked up Everybody's Fool because I remembered Richard Russo being a great writer. Halfway through I remembered that Sully, one of the main characters in this book, was a main character in another Russo book I read called Nobody's Fool. I also watched the movie of Nobody's Fool where Paul Newman limped through the show as Sully, a poor construction worker who smokes too much and drinks too much. Melanie Griffith and Jessica Tandy in the movie too. Both books are set in the town of Bath. This book all takes place with 48 hours. The characters are all flawed. The comedy keeps the book flowing. Once I got started I could hardly put this book down.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...