Tuesday, April 21, 2020

It Occurs to Me That I Am America

I listened to this collection of short stories entitled It Occurs To Me That I Am America by a variety of authors. Some of the authors I knew and some I didn't. This collection got started three years ago when we elected our current president. Some authors worried about the future of our country as well as the future of a free press and literature. Most of the stories did not mention the president but his presence in our lives was implied in all the stories. This book is a terrific collection of short stories with once exception. There is a story called "White Baby" which is seriously disturbing and bizarre. Other than that they were all good.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...