Tuesday, October 30, 2007

It's Almost a Relief




I had a hard frost this past weekend. Earlier frosts had killed off the tomatoes (except for the cherry tomato on the deck) but other plants survived. Some plants even put out new buds after that early frost. But now they are all gone. Normally I am very sad to see them die in the fall but this year it was almost a relief. It's not that I was tired of watering them or caring for them. And they were still pleasant to look at. I think this year I was ready for the change of season more than usual. Maybe it's because Offspring #1 is coming home in December and I have missed him so much.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...