Saturday, October 20, 2007

Names of Colors

Today I was walking the dog and looking at the colorful leaves on the trees and thinking about the names of colors. I remember studying fall in school and learning about colors such as scarlet (my favorite name of a color) and bronze and yellow and orange and gold and copper. I saw some pretty leaves today. There are some bushes by my house that are about the color of this font. The red oaks are a very pretty orangy brown. The pin oaks are a browner brown. My amur maple bushes range from red to orange red, to orange, to yellow-orange, to yellow. They are so pretty against the sky which was clear for a change. The soft maples are a thirst quenching yellow-green. We had a nice walk around the block. It's amazing that when I am waiting for her to go to the bathroom she has to pace 30 times, but she can pee on every driveway edge and mailbox around the whole block at will and with no hesitiation.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...