Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Burgeoning - On My List of Favorite Words

Twice in the past 2 days I have heard the word burgeoning; once on television and once in a book I am listening to on CD. I love the word burgeoning. I like the sound of it - the hard consonants. I like the fact that I don't hear that word very often. I like the meaning of burgeoning: to set forth new growth, to grow or expand rapidly. Burgeoning is all about progress and hope to me. As I drove east on County Road 14 to my class tonight, the full moon was burgeoning in the sky even before it was dark. On another topic, I got a surprise in the mail tonight - a free book! Do you see the list of favorite books I have on the left of my blog? I use "Library Thing." Through that website I signed up to review new books. I am so excited to be chosen. I will try to do a good job. Am I a burgeoning book reviewer?

No comments:

Time Of The Lotus Bloom

Now is the season for the blooming of American lotus. The flowers near shore stand higher above the water line than the flowers in deeper wa...