Monday, October 29, 2007

My Hair

I got a new haircut. It's short in the back and longer in the front - like a reverse mullet. It's cute so far. I don't know how it will be as it grows out. My hair has always been a problem. Some would describe my hair as curly. I think wild is more accurate. Sometimes when I look at my image in the mirror first thing in the morning, I actually scare myself. Somedays I look like Cosmo Kraemer. Other days like this: Yes, I look like Don King, the boxing promoter. So I try to style it. If I take a shower, it's easy. Just wash it and pick it up and away I go - it will dry just fine. Some people use blowdryers but I use the "dry it in the car on the way to work" method. But I don't always feel like going out of the house in the morning with wet hair. So I take a wet washcloth and rub my head and try to fix it from there. I can't brush it. Horrors, no. Because if I brush it I end up with:

Yes, yes it is true. I have Jane Jetson hair - a couple of swoops of each side of a middle part. It looks ridiculous. I don't care what century we are in, Jane Jetson hair is ridiculous. And if the humidity is high at all I end up like this:

I have always admired the straight, shiny, sleek hairstyles. But I know it's not in the cards for me. Yet I am grateful. At least I have hair to style. Some people don't.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...