Monday, October 29, 2007

My Hair

I got a new haircut. It's short in the back and longer in the front - like a reverse mullet. It's cute so far. I don't know how it will be as it grows out. My hair has always been a problem. Some would describe my hair as curly. I think wild is more accurate. Sometimes when I look at my image in the mirror first thing in the morning, I actually scare myself. Somedays I look like Cosmo Kraemer. Other days like this: Yes, I look like Don King, the boxing promoter. So I try to style it. If I take a shower, it's easy. Just wash it and pick it up and away I go - it will dry just fine. Some people use blowdryers but I use the "dry it in the car on the way to work" method. But I don't always feel like going out of the house in the morning with wet hair. So I take a wet washcloth and rub my head and try to fix it from there. I can't brush it. Horrors, no. Because if I brush it I end up with:

Yes, yes it is true. I have Jane Jetson hair - a couple of swoops of each side of a middle part. It looks ridiculous. I don't care what century we are in, Jane Jetson hair is ridiculous. And if the humidity is high at all I end up like this:

I have always admired the straight, shiny, sleek hairstyles. But I know it's not in the cards for me. Yet I am grateful. At least I have hair to style. Some people don't.

No comments:

Time Of The Lotus Bloom

Now is the season for the blooming of American lotus. The flowers near shore stand higher above the water line than the flowers in deeper wa...