Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Vanilla Sky - Cruz and Cruise




Today I had my last writing class. Today is the first Tuesday morning in 6 weeks that the sun has shined. I felt like I was going to a different destination because the sun was shining on downtown Minneapolis. Things look a lot different. Today the teacher had us write for 7 minutes about getting out of the house this morning. Then we had to write for another 7 minutes only this time we encountered something magical or fairytale like. My mind immediately went to the movie I watched last night - Vanilla Sky. I have been thinking about that movie all day long. I enjoyed the movie and I would recommend you see it but don't watch it right before you go to bed like I did because it will disturb your dreams. In the movie, Tom Cruise plays a rich and handsome young man who has everything materially but also has nothing that matters. He also has terrible nightmares. He gets up in the morning and leaves his fancy condo off Central Park in New York, gets in his fancy car and goes to Times Square and he notices that no one is out - at 9 a.m. in New York City - the streets are abandoned. His best friend is played by the actor who portrays Earl Hickey on that television show about Earl. His stalker girlfriend is played by Cameron Diaz. And she is a mean and potty mouthed stalker girlfriend. I kept thinking, "Why is Princess Fiona saying these terrible things?" His love interest is Penelope Cruz. The movie is split into two parts which you don't figure out until the amazing ending. The two parts are separated, in part, by the sky. In the second part the sky takes on a Claude Monet painting type look. It's a really good movie. One interesting thing is that the second time Tom Cruise rides his car downtown New York and there are people on the sidewalks, one of the people you see is his future wife, Katie.


No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...