Monday, October 22, 2007

A Wild and Crazy Guy - A Genius Renaissance Man

The other night while flipping through station and avoiding commercials on television, I ran across a tribute to Steve Martin. I believe he was getting a Mark Twain Award at the Kennedy Center. I saw a few minutes of people speaking about Steve Martin, people like Tom Hanks, Martin Short, Lily Tomlin and Carl Reiner. I agree that Steve Martin is a genius. His comedy routines are funny. "Excuuuuuuse Me!" He can play the banjo. Before he dropped out of college he majored in philosphy. His acting is talented. I especially liked the scene where he portrayed two bodies trying to walk in opposite directions in "All of Me." He was great on Saturday Night Live with Dan Aykroyd. He played a great Cyrono De Bergerac. I loved "Planes, Trains and Automobiles" and "Grand Canyon." "Bringing Down the House" was not that great of a movie but the reason I really like Steve Martin is because he is an author. Have you read "Shopgirl?" If not you should read it. I hear it has been made into a movie and I intend to put in in my Netflix queue. I love Steve Martin.

Not that this is in any way related but it is interesting: Today I saw my first truck load of Christmas trees heading north on Round Lake Blvd - all tied and bundled up in nets. Tis the season I guess.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...