Sunday, August 24, 2008

Fair Food

Food I might have had: Elvis sandwich, grilled peanut butter and banana sandwich (too far away at lunch time), corn on the cob (again too far away).
Food I didn't want to have: foot long hot dogs (saw two people eating these loaded with raw onions at 8:45 a.m. and it made my stomach turn), turkey leg, fried cheese curds, french fries, fried fruit on a stick (why fry fruit? Fruit is good just plain), hand-dipped caramel apple (sister says she prefers machine dipped?), deep fried twinkie on a stick, deep fried candy bar on a stick, teriyaki ostrich on a stick, and spam fries.




Food I did have: Falafal on a stick. Falafal, in case you don't know are deep fried balls of mushed garbanzo beans. I also had deep fried pickle (turned out to be slices of pickles breaded and deep fried and served with ranch sauce - surprisingly tasty but what isn't good when deep fried?) and a nut roll. On our way out, we stopped to see the largest boar (always a highlight on the fair). Passing by the swine barn we stepped gingerly over some crap in the road. My sister is a crapologist. She knows her crap. She says, "Sheep, possibly goat crap." She has taught crap. She bought artificial crap for her 4H groups so they can identify wildlife by their droppings. So I am carefully looking down, making my way down the street to the swine barn and I notice a resemblance. The crap is round, brown, with a yellowish color inside-it looks like a miniature version of my falafal!!!! So glad we ate before seeing the largest boar.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...