Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Watcher or Watchee?

This morning I did my routine as usual. By 6:20 I'm sitting at the kitchen table reading the funnies and downing my handful of old lady pills as usual. I have a handful - fiber, vitamins, iron, calcium, fish oil, glucosamine/chondrontin, claritan for allergies, baby aspirin, blah blah blah, yeah, I'm an old lady. Out of the corner of my eye I see a hummingbird at the deck door - hovering with beak pressed close to the glass in the upper right hand corner. The hummer hovers there for 15 seconds or more before gliding to the upper left hand corner for another 15 seconds. I watch in awe at the seemingly effortless flight. The hummer heads diagonally down and hovers at the door handle for a full 30 seconds. I watch the hummer and the hummer looks inside the house at me. Maybe the hummer enjoys watching domesticated life as much as I enjoy watching wild life. What a great way to start the day!

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...