Monday, August 18, 2008

Snapdragons

http://www.thisgardenisillegal.com/flower-quiz

I'm glad to be a snapdragon. I've always liked snapdragons. When I was a kid I lived across the street from an open field. In the fall, the owner of the field and some men friends would torch the field and slowly burn it from east to west. We played in the empty field. I enjoyed the wild yellow snapdragons that grew there. I would pinch the little snapdragon cheeks to make the mouths open. I don't know the evolutionary purpose of a flower design that would open when squeezed from the sides at exactly the right place but it sure was entertaining to me as a child. I still squeeze snapdragons to make their mouths open. I planted some pink and yellow snapdragons at the bottom of my deck steps and yes, I've been pinching them. Take the quiz to see what flower you are.

1 comment:

Kathleen Riley said...

Always enjoy the tests that you find. Thanks!

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...