Thursday, August 21, 2008

I Earned My Salt Today

Man, I worked hard today. I had a meeting at 8 about employee benefits. I had to leave that meeting early to go to an 8:30 meeting. The 8:30 meeting went until 9:55. At 10 I had another meeting and that one lasted until 11. I drew that meeting to a close because I had another meeting at 11. The 11 o'clock meeting went until 12:10. My next meeting started at 1 but it was a 15 minute drive away plus I had to pick up a client along the way. On top of that, the paperwork I needed to bring wasn't copied yet so I had to make 5 copies of 3 documents, collate and staple. I had about 10 minutes for lunch and I was ever so grateful because without lunch, I'm not pretty to work with. On the way to the meeting we had to take a detour because of construction on Coon Rapids Boulevard. I was driving down Hanson with my client and saw a train ahead. "Oh, rats," I said, "A train is crossing and we'll be late." The train crosses. "Oh, yeah!" I said, "The train is only three cars long. We'll be on time. Isn't it funny how fast my emotions can turn on a dime?" She laughed. She's a good sport to laugh at my corny jokes. I got back to my office about 2:45. Who ever schedules these meetings ought to be reprimanded! Actually, I am the one who schedules the meetings. But I don't plan them like this. Days like this happen because meetings get postponed for one reason or another and then I try to squeeze around every one else's schedule. Today was a tough day but tomorrow I only have 2 meetings and I'll be able to come closer to catching up on things. Whewwwww!

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...