Tuesday, August 5, 2008

I Am A Queen

Here I am, blogging from Offspring #1's condo in Groton, Connecticut. I am so coming back here. He treats me like a freaking queen. He opens the car door for me and shuts it every time I get in (very frequently). He not only bought a case of diet pepsi for my visit but morningstar veggie sausage, fake chicken patties, and burgers as well. He does all the cooking. Do you know how long it has been where I can sit on a couch and wait while someone makes a meal according to my preferences? Actually, I don't know how long it has been because I can't remember the last time that happened. I thought it might be awkward for an old lady like me to stay in a condo with two guys, both in their 20's. But it's not. This is awesome! I am having the time of my life. True, there is no dining room table. The dining room is full with two bikes, a weight bench, and a large pile of free weights. The living room is dominated by a huge television screen - about as large as my bathtub only skinny. The toilet seat is always up but in this condo, up is where it belongs so that is where I put it when I am finished in there. Right now they are both sleeping. The roommate is napping because he rose at 1 a.m. to hike some mountain in New Hampshire. Offspring #1 is sleeping because we went to Pasta Pete's, a renowned restaurant in downtown Groton with outdoor seating overlooking the Thames River. He's sleeping off his clam linguine. I have learned lots on this vacation about natural history, geology, revolutionary war history, WWII, and people who live by the sea. I plan on getting a good night sleep tonight because tomorrow and the next day I'll be driving for 11 or so hours. I have a bedroom to myself here and the futon I am sleeping on is strangely comfortable on my back. I've slept better on this bed than on my bed at home. Blog at your soon!

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...