Wednesday, July 30, 2008

My Bags Are Packed

Underwear? Check. Snacks for the road? Check. Clean the windshield and treat it with Rainx? Check. Oil Change, fluids checked, air pressure in tires? Check. Gas? Oops, get that on the way out. Quarters for toll roads? Check, 4 rolls. Diet Pepsi with lime? Check. Camera and binoculars? Check. Bird book? Check. Offspring #1's mail for the past 8 months? Check. Books on CD? Check, 6, not counting the one I'm listening to now-"Plague of Doves" by Louise Erdrich, one of my favorite authors. Household chores clearly assigned to Offspring #2? Check. Vacation mindset? Double Check. I'm ready to roll. By this time tomorrow I should be at least in Toledo, possibly farther. Connecticut by Friday. Home again by Thursday or Friday. Miss you!

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...