Sunday, July 6, 2008

I Passed

Despite jangled nerves and high anxiety (Curses! Why did I tell so many people I was taking this test? Now I'll have to explain why I failed!), I actually passed. Once I pay the state of Minnesota some money, I will have my motorcycle endorsement. The hardest part for me was the 2 consecutive U-turns (figure eight). I turned to the left just fine, well within the marked box. I did the right turn (usually the harder one for me) just fine. But when it came time to go straight and onto the next section of the test, I went over the line. I screwed up on the easy part. What was that about? Nerves I guess. I did the swerve fine. I did the sudden stop exceptionally well. Sudden stops are easy once I remembered to just do everything possible at the same time. Squeeze both handles and push down on both feet. I did the tight curves just fine as well so I passed. Whew! Now, do I buy a motorcycle? I am going to have to think about this. If I did get one, I wouldn't spend a lot of money. I practiced on a 250cc Suzuki. I believe that would be a good size for me. I'll look and see if there are any used ones available - preferably from an adult owner. Our instructors were really good teachers and the class was fun. I'm glad I went.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...