Friday, July 18, 2008

Popular Movies


Offspring #2 went to the midnight
showing of The Dark Knight with a group of friends. They met for dinner and to warm up by watching an older Batman movie. They all dressed up as a character from the movie. Doesn't that sound like fun? That got me to wondering, what was the big movie when I was a teenager? I believe it was 1970 when Love Story came out starring Ryan O'Neal and Ali MacGraw. I went to see it on my 16th birthday with my friend Jenny, and an older couple for whom I babysat. Phil drove us there in his yellow Camaro. The movie was in Minneapolis. I remember Phil shifting gears so he must have had a standard transmission. I also remember there was not a lot of leg room in the back seat of a Camaro. At the time, Love Story was a great movie. Now I would have to scoff at the forced sentimentality and overt pulling at the heart strings. But I was 16 and I thought watching Love Story was a GREAT way to celebrate my birthday.



No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...