Thursday, July 10, 2008

Summer Time


I had a wild and crazy day at work today so to relax Blunder and I took another bike ride. We usually go about 5 miles. She runs the first mile and a half. We stop so she can drink out of a pond. She runs another mile or so and if she looks tired, I stop and ask her if she wants to take a rest and ride in the basket. She jumps up and into the basket she goes. She sits on a towel in the wire basket and watches the scenery go by. Tonight the air was refreshingly clean after the rain and smelled SOOOOO good. The air smelled flowery. Lots of flowers are blooming now including the milkweeds (shown above). As we pedaled along we saw barn swallows, chickadees, and bluebirds. Monarchs and yellow butterflies flitted through the tall weeds. The sky held big puffy white cumulus clouds. I like summer clouds so much more than winter clouds. I love their colors and their shapes. We passed a couple soccer games being played. Parents sat on the sidelines in their collapsible chairs observing their offspring. Oh, I remember those days. A strong breeze blew out of the east forcing me to pedal down the usually easy downhill spots. It's summertime and the living is easy.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...