Friday, July 25, 2008

I Made A Purchase

Words from a woman who has been a good friend for 33 years: "I think this is a good idea. You can afford it. No, it's not too much money to spend on a hobby. You might always regret it if you don't go ahead and do this." So I did.
Tonight I bought a 1999 Suzuki GZ 250x. A friend of mine (another experience motorcycle rider) and I went to Bradford and stopped at a garage. The sign inside said "Skinned Knuckles Garage." This used to be a gas station. The owner gave me his card and it read, "Crawford's Excavating - We Do It In The Dirt" Yikes. This motorcycle was used by the state for motorcycle training classes. It has only 4,400 miles on it. He put a new regulator, a new battery and a new cable on it. It purrs like a kitten and starts very easily. Since it's never been actually owned, there are no license plates. I need to get license plates and rear turn signals and mirrors. The guy said he would install them for me. He suggested looking on Ebay. He said, "If you walk into a Suzuki dealer, you might as well put your hands up in the air because they're gonna rob you." As we talked, about 10 cars honked and waved at him. He seemed to know everybody. Since the passersby were honking and waving (as opposed to yelling and giving him the bird), my friend and I took that as a good sign. I'm not sure when I'll pick it up. This depends on how fast I can get the parts to him. I am very excited.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...