Monday, July 14, 2008

Tentative Plans For A Road Trip


Before buy a motorcycle, I thought it prudent to rent one. Who knows? I may freak out riding on the road when cars come close to me. Better to know that before shelling out big bucks on a bike. So three of us have plans to play hooky from work on Monday (a low traffic day) and rent motorcycles from a place in Maplewood. Two of us will rent, one already owns a motorcycle. I'm getting the smallest one they got - a Suzuki 250 cc. Or is it a Honda? Anyway, it's a small one. We'll tool around on the back roads, have lunch in Hudson, Wisconsin, and return the rental. From there I can decide if I want to buy one. Motorcycle riding is risky. Almost everything I do has some degree of risk. The question is, how much risk am I willing to take and how well do I think I can manage those risks?

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...