Friday, August 29, 2008

Free at last. Free at last.

I moved Offspring #2 back to St. Olaf's last night. One columnist called the school Hogwarts for Lutherans. I can see the resemblance. We managed to fit everything in one load and I could still see out the mirrors. My back is aching today but I have the house to myself again so it's all good.

This year she's not living in a dorm. She living in an honor house. It's actually an old farmhouse on the edge of campus. There are 4 bedrooms upstairs, one on the main level, and one on the lower level. The staircase has a carved newel post and a railing one could slide down. The floors are wood and haven't seen varnish in a LONG time. The electrical system is old. The sockets have only two holes. She'll have to buy an adapter. And the light switches are those old kind with two buttons. You push one button in to turn on the light and the other button slides out automatically.

I haven't seen those light switches since I lived in a house on Pleasant Lake outside of St. Cloud when I went to college. Her room is very small but she has it to herself. The eastern exposure is sure to get her up and moving in the morning.


No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...