Tuesday, November 18, 2008

A First For Me

This is my stunt double in the picture, not me. On Tuesday evenings I have the opportunity to use some exercise equipment including weight machines. Each machine gives you the chance to adjust the weights. You can adjust the weights in 5 pound increments. Ten pounds is the lightest weight and the highest is, actually, I don't know the highest. I never get anywhere near the highest but I am guessing it's around 100 pounds. I've been going since July and I can really feel that my arms and shoulders and back are stronger. Usually, when I get on a piece of equipment, I lower the weight. The person who used it before me is stronger than I am. Arm curls are the toughest for me. I can barely handle 20 pounds. The lateral pull-down is the equipment where I can handle the most weight. I have worked myself up to 55 pounds. Tonight, for the first time, I had to actually INCREASE the weight on a machine (the lateral pull down) from the previous user. I am so proud.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...