Thursday, November 13, 2008

I'm A Little Slow On The Uptake





Lately I've been having trouble getting up in the morning. Is my sleepiness from the shorter days or the colder weather? This morning as I listened to my alarm, I thought about it. I have a CD alarm clock. I listen to Jewel in the morning. The CD I have in is called Pieces of You. When I reset the alarm clock for daylight savings, I advanced the song to the next track. The song that plays now is called "Morning Song." So, as I lay in bed wondering why it's so hard for me to get up, I listen to Jewel sing in her beautiful voice, "Come on darling, lets go back to bed." No wonder I am having trouble getting up with lyrics like that! Time to replace the warm comfortable voice of Jewel with something more energizing. Perhaps George Thoroughgood could wake me up with "Bad To the Bone." Or maybe I will try Michael Jackson (my favorite house cleaning musician) with "Beat It."

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...