Saturday, November 22, 2008

Star Struck


Today I had the opportunity to listen to Lorna Landvik speak at the local library. Oh, the joy. She was great. There was standing room only. She read a little from her newest novel which I haven't read yet. Unfortunately, the bookseller who came did not bring enough copies so I could not get one. I can't remember the title of it but I know it has a Christmas theme so it would have been a great book to buy this time of year. She read from that book and spoke a little about the characters from her other books. She answered questions. She even answered one of my questions! I asked who were her favorite authors. I was so star struck I can't remember who she listed. Jon Hassler was one and Ann Tyler (also on my list) but I can't remember who else she said. Some of her favorite authors were put into the book, Angry Housewives Eating Bon Bons. I'll have to go back and read that again.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...