Thursday, November 20, 2008

Something Fun To Do On Saturday


I confess, I am a HUGE fan of Lorna Landvik, author and stand up comedienne. I've read all her books including "Patty Jane's House of Curl" and "View from Mount Joy". Lorna's books have the most fascinating characters in them. A friend and I went to her show last year at the Bryant Lake Bowl and she was a stitch. She had costumes, she had music, she was hilarious. At one point during the show, she took 4 words from audience members and presto, within seconds, turned those four unrelated words into a skit with a box of props she kept on stage. Lucky for me, and you (if you are interested) she will be appearing at the Rum River Library this Saturday (11/22/08) at 1:30 p.m. I'll be there!!

1 comment:

Balou said...

Sounds like fun! I'll have to check out her books.

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...