Friday, March 27, 2009

Come Ride The Little Train That Is Rolling Down The Track to the Junction


Once in a while a woman in my building that I know only by sight will blurt random questions at me as I go by. I stop to answer them, I'm not sure why. This week she asked, "What is the name of Jeanie's boyfriend, the astronaut?" She's talking about the television show, "I Dream Of Jeanie." I am very familiar with it. I offer "Major Burns? No, thats MASH. Colonel Klink? No that's Hogans Heroes. I don't know." She doesn't know either but she immediately blurts another question at me, "What is the name of the two girls who throw their petticoat over the tank?" With absolutely no hesitation I answer, "Three girls, not two. Betty Jo, Bobbie Jo and Billie Jo." Why do I remember this useless piece of TV trivia? If I could delete this and other unnecessary bits of information, I might have room for useful things like where I put the directions for the sweater I've been knitting for almost a year!

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...