Friday, March 20, 2009

I Won The Auction!

I bid on a chicken coop/run auction on EBay and I got the highest bid. Look. See. Cute, not? The back of the chicken house juts out and that is where the chickens are supposed to lay their eggs. I hope they know that. The front has a cute arched door with a latch that you turn sideways to close and vertical to open - much like the latch outside an outhouse. There is a ramp so the chickens can walk into the run. And in the back (you can't see this) is a screened window with a Plexiglas cover so the chickens can get fresh air and sunshine. It's so cute! The run is 6 feet long and the house is designed for 2 to 4 chickens. The wood is from a renewable sources and the paint is non-toxic to chickens. These chicken coops are constructed in Michigan and will come delivered assembled on a freight truck. I am picturing a huge wooden box big enough for a gorilla that I'll have to use a crowbar to open. The chicken coops come in three colors - green, white and red. My house is yellow with white trim so I chose a red coop.


No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...