Sunday, March 22, 2009

I Wasn't Born Yesterday!

Immediately after my auction on EBay closed, I got this email with the email address of my seller:


Hi smsuchy, My name is Pavan Reddy, I am the seller of the Item#: 280321662550, Green Chicken Coop, writing you because I have to congratulate you for your winning bid of US $XXX.00. Unfortunately, immediately after the listing closed I got a Notification from eBay and I must warn you that my account is unavailable and you cannot pay for the item through Paypal as usual. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this has caused and I would be more than willing to help you to complete the transaction immediately. Now I am located in United Kingdom because I have to sign a contract with a company and I know the mainspring of the paypal problem was caused because my account was accessed from different locations, while travelling to UK. Anyway we have a solution, payment approved by eBay for this transaction is Western Union Money Transfer so you can send the payment in a few minutes.
To send a wire transfer you need my full name: PAVAN REDDY and country: United Kingdom. You will deduct the transfer fees from the total and you will send the remaining amount. If you want to send the payment with your credit card check the following link for more details:
https://wumt.westernunion.com/WUCOMWEB/staticMid.do?method=load&pagename=howToSendMTOnline
If You want to send the payment with cash you have to visit a western union location and fill a form with my full name, city and country. The city is London.
MOST IMPORTANT: WHEN THE PAYMENT HAS BEEN MADE PROVIDE ME THE FOLLOWING: MTCN# (MONEY TRANSFER CONTROL NUMBER), YOUR FULL NAME ON FILE WITH WESTERN UNION AND EXACT AMOUNT SENT. ALSO PLEASE CONFIRM YOUR SHIPPING CONTACT INFO. As you take these steps, please be aware that you may need to repeat the instructions provided above if the payment is received with errors, missing letters or numbers.
PS: Just is case... If you have already made the payment through Paypal your account will be credited back automatically when my paypal account is re-established.Waiting your confirmation with a copy of the receipt from western union. I look forward to hearing from you soon. Please let me know if you need further assistance. Thank you!

I know my seller lives in central Michigan and builds chicken coops out of renewable wood sources. I saw his website. He didn't seem like the kind of guy to be signing contracts in London.

My First Response

My first response is unprintable. I have been trying to give up swearing for Lent. (Not going so well).

My Second Response

My second response is this. HOW DARE YOU! Do I look like I was born yesterday?

My Third Response

My dear Pavan Reddy,

Thank you so much for your email. I really appreciate getting this chicken coop at such a reasonable price. I know you do quality work so I did not deduct the Western Union fees. I have sent the total amount to you in London. So be sure to head over to the Western Union office as soon as possible to get the money I sent. The money should be there today but if by chance the money isn't there, be sure to check at the Western Union office every day because I want to make sure you get what is coming to you. It's been a pleasure doing business with you. Sincerely!

(Readers - rest assured EBay was notified of this scam).

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...