Thursday, March 19, 2009

Slumdog Millionaire

A friend and I took in a movie last night called Slumdog Millionaire. I can see why it won so many academy awards including best picture. I thought the movie was great. I loved the way the plot was unwrapped. I like a plot that isn't that hard to understand. I loved the characters in the movie (especially Jamal pictured above in the blue shirt riding the top of a train). Some parts were hard to watch. Life in a slum for an orphan child is not a pretty thing to see. One part of the movie is where Jamal and his brother take a German tourist through the Taj Mahal. He's not an official tour guide and he's just making up the story about the building and the occupants of the Taj Mahal as he goes along. His story is hilarious. I really enjoyed the movie. The friend I went with is a worrier. She whispers to me during the show what terrible things she thinks will happen next. This story has sad parts and happy parts too. If you go, stay for the credits because that is why the actors dance at the train station. I just love the crowd dancing in movies about India. I have to put "visit the Taj Mahal" on my list of things I want to do.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...