Thursday, August 12, 2010

Cowabunga, Dude

This morning I rode my motorcycle to work again. As I headed south on Highway 47, the sun was to my direct left. My shadow was to my right and was traveling the same speed. The sun was at a low angle. My image shows about half my height is wheels. My shadow was distorted by the angle of the sun. The reflection of the wheels was exaggerated and took up about 3/4 of the height of my shadow. I haven't put my saddle bags on yet so I wear a backpack over my jacket and under my orange safety vest to carry my lunch and other stuff I need. And I wore my helmet, of course. So as I admired my shadow, I couldn't help but think - my shadow looks just like a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle. Am I Raphael, Donatello, Michelangelo or, uh, what was the fourth turtle's name again?

2 comments:

Cajo said...

Leonardo.

Sue said...

Oh, yeah, how could I forget Leonardo. Thanks, Catey.

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...